QUADRENNIAL THEME: THE GREAT COMMISSION-A GLOBAL OUTREACH:
PERSONAL CALLING, PERSONAL TRANSFORMATION,
PERSONAL INSTRUCTION AND PERSONAL COMMITMENT
From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 4:17 NKJV)
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. (Matthew 28:18-20 NKJV)
The theme for this quadrennial is “The Great Commission-A Global Outreach: Personal Calling, Personal Transformation, Personal Instruction and Personal Commitment.” It reflects the foundation of the purpose of the Women’s Home and Overseas Missionary society of the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church. As missionaries, we have been chosen by Christ as ambassadors or representatives to disseminate the knowledge of salvation, liberation, forgiveness, healing, love, hope, righteousness, peace and joy in the power of the Holy Spirit. is our assignment to influence, advance and extend His kingdom around the world through the principles of His words as taught in the Holy Scriptures and through the precepts that governs the work of our missionary society in the world:
- To promote growth in the knowledge and understanding of God and God’s plan of redemption for the world, as revealed through Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit;
- To teach the concepts of Christian missions and provide experiences for participation in mission work and its ministries
- To exemplify the principles of Christian living and to win others to Christ;
- To promote the cause of World Evangelism; and
- To serve as a financial support system to undergird the world mission outreach of the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church, at home and overseas to the end that, through the power of the Holy Spirit, Christ is exalted and God is glorified.
Global Outreach is the practical component to living the Great Commission. With Global Outreach, we embrace the motto of the Women’s Home and Overseas Missionary Society, “The World for Christ,” Acts 1:8, teaches us, “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Global outreach ministry takes us beyond the four walls of our buildings. It’s bigger than one congregation or local society. The missionary assignment is far greater than the communities that we live and serve in, but not exclusion of them. Global outreach is to take Christ, His love, His life, His ministry and His message to the ends of the earth. “The Great Commission-A Global Outreach” over the next four years will be guided by four components: Personal Calling, Personal Transformation, Personal Instruction and Personal Commitment. They will serve as a guide for study and ministry implementation for the cause of missions.
** Information regarding the Quadrennial Theme is taken from the Theological Prospectus 2015 – 2019 and the W.H.&O.M. Society 2015-2019 Adult Study Book.